Efficient recycling starts at the curb !!!
Getting it right at the curb is crucial if we are to be successful in recovering recyclable products. The focus of the Recycle Clean Program is for you to put into your recycling box or blue bag only the materials that can be effectively recycled at the County's Material Recovery Facility (MRF). Please ensure you read your information carefully.
For More Information:
Tips and Reminders
- Place all plastic bags and film overwrap items into One clear bag
- Rinse all containers of liquid and food waste
- Lids and labels can remain on jars and bottles
- Don't flatten cans or containers
- Do not include children's toys, textiles (i.e. clothing, bedding/shoes/etc.), lawn furniture, garden hose, small appliances, wire, rope, yarn, video & cassette tapes, and Styrofoam.
- Please don't bundle your newspapers - keep items loose. Remove the plastic sleeve from you newspapers and place the plastic sleeve in your "Bag of Bags" and your newspaper in your recycling box or clear blue bag.
- Flatten and bundle cardboard boxes
- Dispose of pet waste in the garbage
- Place shredded paper into ONE clear bag away from other recyclables